5 Ways to Love Yourself More
Who’s the person that’s going to boost your confidence when you need it the most? Who’s the person that’s going to pick you up when you’re low? Who’s the person that’s going to drive your success in life? Who’s going to be there with you on your deathbed?
That’s right, it’s YOU! You’re all you’ve got at the end of the day.
For this reason, it’s essential to practice self-care and promote your own self-love.
It can be so easy at times for us to fall into that trap of self-pity and self-hate. At times, society can make us feel ashamed of ourselves with all these images of “perfect” bodies and faces.
Right now, in this moment and every moment, you are worthy and deserving of positive self-love. The person you are in the moment is beyond lovable, without changing a single thing about yourself. Though we can always strive to be better, we must learn to love ourselves exactly as we are.
Self-care is crucial to bringing balance to our mind, body, and soul.
What are some ways we can practice self-care?
1. Positive self-talk. Look in the mirror and call yourself beautiful, intelligent, humorous. Say these things out loud. The more often you do it, the better. The way you talk to yourself impacts your self-image, and reflects in the way you treat other people.
2. Bubble baths. Take some time to nurture yourself by soaking in a relaxing, hot bath. I love putting all kinds of extras in my baths–scented bubble bath, calming essential oils, epsom salts, dried lavender buds, etc. Surround your bathtub with a few candles, and enjoy some time to yourself.
3. Take your vitamins, plus any other supplements you may need. There are supplements to support digestion, joint health, sleep, anxiety, immunity, etc. Find out which ones would support your specific needs.
4. Always cancel out negative thoughts with positive thoughts, until the negative ones are a rarity.
5. Do more of the activities that bring you joy. Whether it’s crafting, sewing, drawing, reading, singing, dancing, swimming, do MORE!
Be your own biggest fan, and greatest support system. You are WORTHY!
By: KayLynn P.
Do you have questions about your insurance? Find an insurance agent near you with our Agent Finder
Search for a local agent with our agent finder map.
Read more about KayLynn's background.
The Definition of What an Heirloom is Just May Be Changing
Can your business use a dose of positive attitude? In tough times, a positive point of view can be a difference maker.
Waiting to purchase life insurance just may limit your options. Here’s how to maximize your choices when buying life insurance.
Today’s Online Driving Schools are Convenient and Affordable…and May Save You Money
Wind Storms Can Bring Serious Damage No Matter Where You Call Home
Talking cars, funny aliens and horses on telephones are just the start of television’s craziest premises for shows. Oh, and there’s the Flying Nun.
Positive Comments and Testimonials Have Real Value
There Was a Life Insurance Version of the Milk Man and Home Doctor Visit
Being Prepared with the Appropriate Info Can Help Make Claims Smoother
There Can Be Both Humor and Horror Found in Real Estate Themed Movies.