We understand that when the subject of insurance is brought up, a lot of people hear the trumpet-like noise that comes from the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons. We get it. Insurance, to some, is like watching paint drying or grass growing. The excitement level and attention level can be minimal…at best.
If you are not interested in overpaying for insurance however, it is important to understand the two basic types of insurance agencies that offer protection. There are “captive” insurance agencies and “independent” agencies. Before this starts sounding like that trumpet noise, here are six reasons why you should choose an independent insurance agency.
1. An independent agency can offer policies from multiple companies. A captive agent can only offer a policy from a single company they are captive to.
2. An independent agent works for you. Rather than working to represent that single insurance brand, an independent agency represents you and your interests.
3. An independent insurance agency can save you money. Since an independent insurance agency can offer options, you can frequently get better coverage’s at a lower price.
4. An independent agent is qualified to review policies from any company. An independent agent is used to working with different companies and various policies. This can make them better equipped to conduct an insurance review of policies from several different insurance companies.
5. Independent agents do the shopping for you. You don’t need to contact multiple agents or companies to compare insurance rates. Independent agents do the work for you. You are just left to make the final decision.
6. Independent insurance agents offer an extensive range of protection. Rather than just covering a niche area, independent agents often offer policies that cover life, health, auto, home, disability, long-term care and commercial protection for all sizes of businesses. They are your one-stop source for loss protection products.
If you want the advantages an independent agency can provide, contact us. We are proud to be an independent agency that represents our clients, not a company. Contact us and let’s talk about how we can serve you. We promise to do our best to not sound like that teacher in “Peanuts”.
Do you have questions about your insurance? Find an insurance agent near you with our Agent Finder
Search for a local agent with our agent finder map.
Read more about KayLynn's background.
Why is the purchase of a life insurance policy on a child a good decision? There are multiple reasons, including helping to ensure their financial future. Learn more in our blog.
Are you covered from a liability claim should your dog bite a friend, neighbor, relative or stranger? Most renters’ and homeowners’ policies offer some protection, but is it enough? Find out more.
Once you understand the difference between a “captive” insurance agency and an independent one, you begin to understand the value of independence.
Your smartphone can be an important tool to document what happened in an automobile accident and to document your personal belongings in a homeowners’ insurance claim.
What if it was possible for you to buy a Genie in a bottle? Would you be interested and what would it be worth? Read how we can potentially make this possible for you and your family.
Is buying insurance gambling? While there are some similarities, one could argue that NOT having insurance is more of a gamble that not having insurance.
What is and isn’t covered under flooding insurance? Is flooding even covered under your insurance policy? Get the answers to your questions about water, flooding and your home.
What is Employee Practice Coverage
What is “insurance poor” and how can you prevent yourself from getting there? Here are nine quick suggestions to help you stay in control of insurance costs.
Renting can be a smart move financially, but not if you are putting your personal possessions at risk. Learn how affordable renter’s insurance can protect your stuff and cover you from a liability claim.